Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Image Search Changes

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the blooming heck!?

I'm thinking we all use Google Image Search to find composite elements.  The usual first step being to click on Tools and change the Size to Large

But when that bought up pages of watermarked stock images which were still not large enough, you clicked on Size again, and scrolled on down to the Larger than... options.  We'll that seems to have gone.

Fortunately, we can still use Google Advanced Image Search but it's initial step is a clunky form to fill in which I'm thinking is going to significantly slow the process down.

The old options are there under Image Size.  I set Larger than 6Mp for this.

My worry was that when you inevitably wanted to change the search parameters, it would revert to default options, but thankfully, and from a very quick test, it appears to be remembering the size you set in the Advanced form.

I guess we'll get used to it, and that we'll need an easy access Advanced Search button in our browsers, but I'd have referred to have kept things as they were.

Do you have a better image search tool than Google?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried and in NY I still get the options

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Still here viewed from the UK (browser is Firefox)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, I get the options using Chrome, but not in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm getting "Larger than . . ." in Chrome 75.0.3770.142, Firefox 68.0.1, and Safari 12.1.1 in the U.S.A.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't Google do some experimental tinkering with image search some time back, that was visible to some users, but not to others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines